2-Day Delphi and Meteora Tour from Athens
Do not miss the opportunity with this two day tour from Athens to see and visit the majestic Meteora grey rocks and its cliff-top monasteries.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel accomodation (A class / T class)
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Free Wi-Fi at hotels and coaches
- Entry/Admission - Meteora Monasteries
- Entry/Admission - Delphi archaeological site
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Apollo
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees of Delphi museum
- Lunches & Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation tax
Day 1: Athens - Delphi - Kalambaka
Stop At: Temple of Apollo, Delphi Greece
Arrive at Delphi at around noon. Famous for its ancient ruins including a theater and the Temple of Apollo, Delphi was considered the center of the earth and universe, and played a central role in the classical Greek world. On arrival, visit the the mountainside archaeological site and view the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
In the afternoon, after lunch (own expense) travel through central Greece and the city of Lamia. After a short stop in Lamia, continue to the city of Trikala for a short stop and cross the Thessalian Plain to Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks crowned by the Meteora monasteries. Following a short stop for souvenir-shopping, overnight stay in Kalambaka at your choice of a centrally located 3- or 4-star hotel in the town.
Accommodation included: Overnight at 3* or 4* hotel
Day 2: Kalambaka - Meteora Monasteries - Athens
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
Leave in the morning for a tour of nearby Meteora’s monasteries. Visit two different Byzantine monasteries built on rocktops and commanding fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Built on the top of sandstone pillars, the monasteries provided monks with totally inaccessible retreats for centuries. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of its most unusual and distinctive attractions.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Leonidas Monument, Lamia, Thermopylae 350 09 Greece
During your return to Athens, enjoy an optional visit to a factory making Byzantine-style icons, and stop for photos at the monument to the heroic Leonidas, King of Sparta, at Thermopylae. Your tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon.
Duration: 15 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax has been applied and will be paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels - 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels - 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels - 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people (50% of bus capacity). We provide all participants with whisper audio devices which are thoroughly sanitized from our staff, as well as inside the charging cases with UVC lights. Sanitizing dispensers are available at the ticket office for use before departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.