7 Days 6 Nights Ethiopia
The safari to Ethiopia will take 7 days in several parts of the country. The clients will have a chance to visit different parts of the country which have unique attractions. At BaharDar-Bahar they will explore the beautiful churches, a boat ride to Blue Nile where they will be able to do some bird watching if lucky they might see some hippos.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Transport in tourist built minibus
- Meal plan bed and breakfast
- All Government taxes and levies.
What's excluded :
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- International and domestic air ticket and airport taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
- Visa fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Day 1: Addis Ababa
We will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel for check-in. The first day we spent in the fascinating capital of the country: Addis Ababa. Depending on your time of arrival we take you on a half day or full day city tour
Day 2: Addis Ababa – BaharDar-Bahar
An early morning flight will take us to BahirDar. After check-in in our hotel we embark for a boat trip on Lake Tana to explore some of the beautiful Churches. It is about an hour by boat to reach Zeghe Peninsula to the other churches and might meet monkeys and beautiful birds on the way. At the other side of the Peninsula the boat is waiting and take us to Kibran Gabriel Island (unfornately women are not allowed.) Before headind back to BahirDar the boat takes us to the source of the Blue Nile where we find many birds and maybe a hippo. When time is available we can visit the Blue Nile Falls, situated at about an hour drive from BahirDar. Otherwise we visit Bezawit Hill to enjoy the panoramic view and sunset from there.
Day 3: BaharDar-Bahar – Gondar
This morning we proceed to Gondar. We will spend the afternoon to visit the highlights of Gondar: the Royal Enclosure, Fasilidas Bath an d Debre Birhan Selassie, the Church with the angel faces painted on the ceiling.
Day 4: Gondar – Axum
Axum is the place where facts and legends meet. Is the Ark of the Covenant found in Axum? We take you in the footsteps of the famous queen of Sheba and Ezana, the Emperor who converted to Christianity. You will see the spectacular stelae of Axum and visit the Maryam of Tsion Churches (unfortunately women are not allowed)
Day 5: Axum – Lalibella
A short flight in the morning takes us to the highlight of your visit to Ethiopia: Lalibela. The 12th century rock-hewn Churches are the legacy of king lalibela. It is said his visit to Jerusalem inspired him to build the 11 Churches. A full day is necessary to get a good impression of these truly amaizing places of worship. After lunch we start with our exploration of Lalibela.
Day 6: Lalibella
At our second day in Lalibela we need about half a day to visit the remaining Churches in the village. There are quite a few options to spend the rest of your time. For example a visit to the Yemrehane Kristos church or a hike to the Asheton Maryam church.
Day 7: Lalibella – Addis Ababa – Depart
Transfer to the Airport for your flight to Addis Ababa . visit a cultural restaurant, enjoying the great Ethiopian food with traditional music and dance from all over this fascinating country. After dinner you will be transferred to the Airport for your international flight home.
Departure Point :Departure will be from The Monarch Hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Infant meals not included
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Organised by African Wildcats Adventure Safaris