Best of Ancient Roman Cities Tour in 1 Day: Visit Pompeii Oplontis & Herculaneum
Join your guide on this incredible journey into the time of Ancient Rome. If you are passionate about history and archaeology, this tour is for you! You will be guided around three important archaeological sites – Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis – and get a full picture of the life and habits of the people during the time of the Roman Empire.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Your guide will lead you to on a journey of discovery, taking in each of these fascinating and completely different archaeological sites. Passing through the ruins, you will hear in detail of the greatness of Pompeii and its peculiar characters, and feel transported back in time as you hear about their daily lives, standing in the streets and buildings where they stood two-thousand years ago.
The tour begins at piazza Porta Marina Inferiore before taking in the highlights of the ancient town: the gymnasium, the theatres, the Temple of Isis, the house of Menander, the bakeries, the Baths and even more! Your guide will then lead you into the Forum – the political and religious centre of the urbe.
Following your tour of Pompeii, you will move to Oplontis, today known as Stabia, to visit the ruins of the Villa di Poppea, a masterpiece of significant architectural value. It was built to be the summer residence of Poppea, the wife of the Emperor Nero, though at the time of the Vesuvius eruption the building was uninhabited, due to maintenance works. Even now you can get a sense of the opulence of the building, with some of its impressive mosaics and frescoes surviving to this day.
Last but not least, you will visit Herculaneum. As you will notice, this town is smaller than Pompeii – but no less interesting for it. In fact, Herculaneum was a wealthier town, and its inhabitants were supposedly educated and affluent.
You will spend 2.5 hours in Pompeii, 1 hour in Oplontis and 2 hours in Herculaneum.
Departure Point :The meeting point is outside Coffee Shop of the Hotel Vitoria - in piazza Porta Marina Inferiore 2
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.