Cocoa farm & Chocolate making Tour
Visit this beautiful area of the country and discover the flavors, aromas and taste of the Ecuadorian Cacao know as one of the best in the world. This tour is flexible.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Packed Lunch
- Tour Guide/Driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Manglares Churute Ecological Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
From Cuenca we will drive to Manglares Churute area via Cajas National Park. This park is one of the most important protected areas in the south of Ecuador and the main source of water for the city of Cuenca due to its many lakes. We will make an short stop to explore the Toreadora Refuge and an optional small hike. Afterwards, we continue our drive to the lowlands though the Andes. You will have the chance to see how the vegetation changes from moorlands to cloud forest and tropical forests.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Manglares Churute Ecological Reserve, Posorja Ecuador
After 2 hours drive we will arrive at the Cacao Farm, where the natives will show us some very interesting traditions and secrets of what they call "The Golden Beans". We will learn about the cocoa plants and their different threats as well as different care that must be done, then you will experience the process of toasting and grinding and making your own hot chocolate. You'll be completely chocolate-ed out!
We will find not only cacao but also bananas, coffee, passion fruit, raise and more products that are grown here and that support the local economy. We will also visit a fruit market to experience the local atmosphere and maybe try some local fruits.
After a full day trip we will drop you in Cuenca at your hotel or the location of your choice. Lunch will be provided at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Coronel Guillermo Tálbot 8-70, Cuenca, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
If the hotel is not listed, please send us a message with the address after booking and we will pick you up there.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.