Cook and Dine with a local in a Heritage Home in Bangalore
There are many cuisines that you can dine and enjoy in Bengaluru but the best way to experience the local life & food of the city is by interacting with locals and having interesting conversations over authentic and regional food.
Meet Suma and Soumya, who invite you to their 80-year old ancestral home in Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, where you will get to experience and enjoy a hidden culinary treasure of India - Karunadu Oota. 'Karu' means black while 'Nadu' translates to region, and 'Oota' translates to meal. It is the regional cuisine of Karnataka where dishes are prepared using the grains and pulses that are grown in the black soil of the region. It is a cherished cuisine among Bangaloreans and the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law duo are preparing a lovely meal and also inviting you into their kitchen to try your hand at making these simple dishes, boasting of robust flavours.
The whole experience can last about 2-4 hours.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- 4-course lunch/dinner
- Cooking demonstration
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Authenticook, Bengaluru India
Enjoy a scrumptious meal with a Local
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is an all vegetarian experience
- minimum 2 people are required for the experience
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.