Daily Private Afrodias Tour
The beauty of the city comes from the name of it. You will be amazed with the perfection of marbe sculpturing when you visit the museum of it. The city itself is highly sophisticated and elegant. This will be a great tour to enjoy the art & nature.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private English Speaking guide
- Private A/C luxurious minivan
- A la carte lunch
- Local taxes and 18 % Vat
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Afrodisias Museum, Geyre Kasabasi Karacasu Merkez, Karacasu Turkey
You will be/can be met at the harbour / ADB airport or even at your Hotel in Izmir or Kusadasi. The guide will be holding up a sign with your name on it clearly so that you take the correct pick up service for your convenience, it’s here you shall also meet your tour guide for the day who will give you some information of the plan for the day before heading off on your way to your destination We will pass through some very beautiful country side where you can also get a sense of true Turkish traditional lifestyle. It must be noted that the drive shall be approx. 2 ½ hours for Aphrodisias from the east of Kusadasi but half way through we will have a short break for refreshments and leg stretch. Aphrodisias was named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of Love who had here her unique cult image the Aphrodite of Aphrodisias. The city was built near a marble quarry that was extensively exploited in the Hellenistic and Roman periods, and sculptors in marble from Aphrodisias became famous in the Roman world. Aphrodisias was one of the foremost cities of the age surrounded by fertile fields producing every type of foodstuff. It also possessed a flourishing wool and cotton industry, highly developed commercial, political, religious and cultural institutions, very fine tradition of arts and crafts, world-famous schools of philosophy and sculpture and a large and energetic body of citizens. You will see, Tetra pylon (Tetra= four; pylon=gate) was the monumental gate of the city. The name Tetra pylon refers to its being composed of four groups of four columns. The stadium in Aphrodisias is the best preserved of all the ancient stadiums in the Mediterranean region. Located in the northern section of the city it is 262m in length and 59m wide with a seating capacity of 30,000, Odeon and Bishop’s Palace, Agora, Baths of Hadrian, Theatre, Sebastion (Sebastos is the Greek equivalent of the Latin Augustus) is consisted of a temple dedicated to the cult of the Emperor Augustus. The museum of Aphrodisias is one of the most outstanding museums of western Anatolia. The monuments of unsurpassed value which have been found at the excavations are displayed here. Once the tour comes to an end it will be time to get back on the bus and to be driven back to your allocated drop off points, we trust that your tour with us today has been excellent and hope to see you again!
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.