Day Tour to Madinet Habu Temple & the Workers Tombs
Explore the highlights of the West Bank monuments in Luxor, and take a step back into Egypt’s ancient history when you visit the Temple of Madinet Habu of Ramses III, and Deir el-Medina known as the village of the workers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Temple of Medinat Habu, Al Bairat, Luxor Egypt
After breakfast , your guide will meet you at your hotel to start your tour to one of the amazing sites of the west bank of Luxor, the complex of Madinet Habu or (the city of Habu) which constructed during the reign of Ramses III as a mortuary temple but also as a memorial to the king’s Libyan and Asiatic wars , most believe that the name of Habu derived from the name of the great architect of the New Kingdom Amenhotep son of Habu , the temple is probably best known as the source of inscribed reliefs depicting the advent and defeat of the sea people during the reign of Ramses III, the temple still has a great portion of amazing and beautiful paintings. Then proceed to visit Deir el-Medina, the village of the artisans and workers who worked on the tombs in the Valley of the kings during the 18th to 20th dynasties of the New Kingdom (1550 BC–1080 BC ). It is one of the few communities which still exist in Egypt. Its inhabitants were called the workers of the place of truth, It is one of the oldest settlements in history. The village contains about seventy houses of mud-brick, the workers built their tombs where they lived, showing the daily life aspects of ancient Egypt, at the end of the village there is a temple was built for the goddess Hathor during the time of king Ptolemy IV, This temple was converted to a monastery by the Coptic, that’s why the village is now called Deir al Madina or the monastery of the town, after you enjoy your tour you will be driven back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.