Dendera Temple Day Tour From Hurghada
Enjoy a day tour from Hurghada to the Dendera Temple Pick up time from Hurghada at 06:00 am a relaxing 3-hour drive to the temple. Your English-speaking Egyptologist qualified guide will escort you around the beautiful temple and allow you to explore its wonders for 2.5 hours. After, enjoy a lunch, and a 30-minute sailing trip on the Nile River. When complete, you will head back to Hurghada for hotel drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour guide
- Mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Marsa Alam Tours
What's excluded :
- Boat trip in the river
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marsa Alam Tours, Marsa Alam 84721 Egypt
Pick up time from Hurghada hotel at 06:00 am, Drive 3 hours to visit the temple of the Goddes Hathor, The Goddes of love, Music
Arrive at Dendera at 09: 00, You will be accompanied by Egyptologist tour guide ,He will explain the history of the temple
The Temple of Hathor was largely constructed during the Late Ptolemaic period, specifically during the reign of Ptolemy XII and Cleopatra VII. Later additions were made during the Roman period. Although built by a dynasty of rulers who were not native Egyptians themselves, the design of this temple has been found to be in accordance to that of other classical Egyptian temples, with the exception of the front of the hypostyle hall, which, according to an inscription above the entrance, was constructed by the Emperor Tiberius.
Apart from these, there are also scenes in the temple complex portraying the Ptolemaic rulers. For example, carved onto the external face of one of the temple walls is a huge relief of Cleopatra VII and her son by Julius Caesar and co-ruler, Ptolemy XV (better known as Caesarion). The two Ptolemaic rulers are shown dressed in Egyptian garb, and offering sacrifices.
Hathor was also regarded as a goddess of healing, and this is evident in the presence of a sanatorium in the temple complex. Here, pilgrims would come to be cured by the goddess. Sacred water (which was made holy by having it poured onto statues inscribed with sacred texts) was used for bathing, unguents were dispensed by the priests of Hathor, and sleeping quarters were provided for those hoping that the goddess would appear in their dreams, and so aid them.
After visiting the temple.we will have lunch in Qena City then we depart to Hurghada
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hurghada, Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up all the travelers
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Duration 200 minutes
- Skip the line, get in faster
- Pick-up service
- Pick-up and drop off from any hotel in Hurghada is free of charge. Pick-up and drop off from Makadi, Sahl hashesh, Soma Bay, El Gouna and Safaga are available for an additional fee.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.