Discovering Galileo Museum in Florence Private Tour for Kids & Families
Welcome to Florence! Would you like to introduce your children to the man that revolutionized science, leaving an indelible legacy which still affects our lives today?
Our Galileo Galilei Tour for Kids in Florence is an excursion the whole family will enjoy.
With an expert English- speaking guide, history and science come to life to inspire and delight one and all.
You will learn all about the life and scientific discoveries of Galileo Galilei, an Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer, considered one of the most important revolutionaries in the field of science.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Kid-friendly professional guide
- Top-rated local guide
- Entry/Admission - Museo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of Santa Croce
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gallerie Degli Uffizi, Piazzale Degli Uffizi 6, 50122, Florence Italy
Look for Galileo among the statues of the Loggiato degli Uffizi!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science, Piazza De' Giudici 1, 50122, Florence Italy
You will visit the Galilei Museum, housed in a twelfth-century building, which focuses on Renaissance science and the periods immediately following it, right up to the nineteenth century: the heart of the exhibition is in fact centered on the Medici collections, which the grand dukes once housed in the museum of Specola near Palazzo Pitti.
Your guide will show you the original Galilean, the two telescopes and the objective lens of the telescope, thanks to which the great Pisan could observe and identify the famous satellites of Jupiter.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of Santa Croce, Piazza Santa Croce 16, 50122, Florence Italy
Discover the tormented story of the burial of the great Tuscan scientist, and see the tomb in the Basilica of Santa Croce which lies near that of Michelangelo.
What a strange connection between history's most famous artist and greatest scientist!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza della Signoria, P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Piazza di Santa Croce, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Masks are not required for children up to 6 years of age, however it is recommended to use them. Due to security checks, entry into museums and cultural areas can take longer, even with skip-the-line tickets.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.