Ek Balam and Cenote Maya big adventure from Cancun
This adventure is one of the best kept secrets in Cancun and the Riviera Maya! Get ready for an experience that includes culture, history and a lot of fun!
Visit the archaeological site of Ek’Balam, an ancient Maya city that knew its glory before Chichen Itza. Then visit the biggest cenote in the Yucatan Peninsula, where you'll swim in its crystal waters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Equipment for activities
- All activities
- Local guide (English spoken)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The adventure starts very early in the morning. We'll pick you up for a comfortable ride on our way to the archaeological site of Ek’Balam, in Yucatan. So sit back, and Enjoy the ride!
You'll visit Ek Balam. This incredible site used to be an ancient Maya city that knew its glory way before Chichen Itza. For some this place is even more beautiful and spectacular than Chichen Itza itself! This archaeological site is one of the latest Mayan archaeological attractions because of its most recent restoration works, so we guarantee that you'll be amazed by its beauty. This is one of the few archaeological sites near Cancun where you can actually explore the buildings and climb a tall temple where you'll get a unique sight of the impressive jungle. Admire the unique sculptures in high relief that have surprised archaeologists and visitors. These sculptures support the recently restored Jaguar Mouth sculpture in the front of the main temple. Walk through the ball game (Pok Ta Pok) and the false arch, both are architectural
icons of the Maya culture. Learn about the scientific achievements developed by the Maya civilization centuries ago!
After the archaeological adventure, it's time to get wild by visiting the biggest cenote (sinkhole) discovered in the Yucatan Peninsula: the Cenote Maya, a great natural wonder with beautiful rock formations. After an authentic blessing Maya ceremony that a shaman will perform for you, Descend into the region’s most impressive Cenote of 60m diameter and an almost perfect circular shape. Enjoy its beautiful rock formations and swim in this large
and fresh natural pool. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel or use the large wooden staircase. you can enjoy diving into the crystal waters by jumping from the "trepachanga" (ropes), after flying from the Tarzan vine (zipline) or you can enter nice and slowly to the natural pool.. it depends on what you want. You can even rappel down 26 m! You'll also pay a visit to a Maya hut and learn a bit about the architecture of the region and the use of plants for medical purposes and for the traditional cooking by visiting a small but gorgeous organic garden. Walk through the plantation and discover vegetables that you will find in your meal. Talking about food, you'll njoy an authentic Maya menu that includes soup, chicken, vegetables, rice, beans and hand-made corn tortillas. You'll also have some time for shopping, as you visit a colorful handcraft market, where you can find quality local handcrafts. With your purchases, you will contribute to benefit the Maya artisans of the region.
Departure Point :Pick up and drop off from and to Cancun Hotel Zone or Cancun Downtown. Please confirm location with Customer Service at: 1 786 338 93 58 or +529988819030 (local number)
Departure Time :07:00 to 08:00 a.m. Pick up and drop off from and to Cancun Hotel Zone or Riviera Maya hotels. Please confirm location with Customer Service at: 1 786 338 93 58 or +529988819030 (local number) 10:00 to 10:30 a.m. Arrival to Ek’Balam or Cenote Maya Park (According to the logistics).
Return Detail :05:30 to 06:30 p.m. Drop-off at hotels in Riviera Maya or Cancun.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Recommendations: Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit on, extra shirt and cash or credit card
- Not suitable for children under 6 years old.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.