English guided tour (other languages offered)
Enjoy an english guided tour (other languages offered: farina.org) at the Fragrance Museum Farina-House and see where the success story of Eau de Cologne began 300 years ago in Cologne. In 1709 Johann Maria Farina invented the most famous water in the world and this classy perfume is still made today by the same family in the same house.
per adult from
What's included :
- General guided tour in English (other languages offered: farina.org)
- Entry/Admission - Duftmuseum im Farina-Haus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Duftmuseum im Farina-Haus, Obenmarspforten 21, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
The perfumer Johann Maria Farina named the famous fragrance after his chosen place of residence: Eau de Cologne. This founded the success of the Farina perfume dynasty. In the 18th century no patent rights existed and many copycat versions of the perfume quickly appeared on the market. Due to these incidents, the Eau de Cologne is designated today as a perfume category. Art related artifacts, photos, and furniture are evidence of the worldwide connections to the Farina perfume dynasty. You can smell a variety of different essences at the museum. Detailed descriptions from the extraction of essences to the development of perfumes from flowers, for example clearly convey the effort, creativity, and irrefutable talent of this perfumer.
The general guided museums tour (in English) leads you down the stairs and into the original arched cellar where the fragrance has been produced for about 300 years. A barrel made of cedar from the time of the company’s founding has withstood the test of time can also be seen. The replica of a still, just like the one Johann Maria Farina would have used in the 18th century concretely shows the complicated art of distillation. Photos show the development of perfume production over the last 300 years.
Departure Point :Duftmuseum im Farina-Haus, Obenmarspforten 21, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- other languages offered (farina.org)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.