Epidaurus & Mycenae One Day Tour from Athens
Take this Epidaurus & Mycenae One Day Tour from Athens and explore two Unesco World Heritage sites with a professional guide and optional lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel Pick up / drop off service
- Free WiFi on coaches
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch (if option is selected)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological site of Mycenae
- Entry/Admission - Citadel and Treasury of Atreus
- Entry/Admission - The Great Theatre of Epidaurus
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Loutraki 201 00 Greece
Depart from Athens via the coastal National highway for the strategically important Corinth canal (short stop).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological site of Mycenae, Mykines 212 00, Greece
After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dated back to the 2nd century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. Avoid and skip the lines of the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure.
Time will then be taken for a traditional Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Citadel and Treasury of Atreus, Mycenae Greece
After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. Visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nafplio, Nafplio, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Afterwards, stop in the beautiful sea port of Nauplion, the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi (short stop).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Great Theatre of Epidaurus, Ethniki Odos Isthmou Archaias Epidavrou, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre.
The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world.
Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics.
Your day trip ends back to Athens late in the afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- English: All Departures
- Italian Language: Every Tuesday (02/06-05/09)
- French Language: Winter: Every Saturday - Summer: Thursday & Saturday
- Spanish: Inverno: Jueves - Verano: Juev - Sab
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Bus Tours will not consist of more than 25 people per group. Audio devices are given to keep social distance inside archaeological sites and museums Whispers are sanitized both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights sanitizer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.