Etna Excursions from Catania
Mount Etna is the highest active stratovolcanoe in the world.
We propose to spend a day with us and a small friendly group to discover a beautiful nature, endemic flora and fauna, cinder cones and lava caves of Mount Etna.
We will pick you up in the morning with our 4 wheel drives or minivan to reach the altitude of 2.000 above sea level.
At this altitude we will start our moderate hike off the beaten tracks (approx. 2 hours) to admire the fascinating landscape of the Valle del Bove, the biggest caldera of Mount Etna and its moon like deserts. From there we will enjoy breathtaking views of the summit smocking craters and the surrounding landscapes facing the Ionian Sea.
The tour also includes the exploration of a lava tube to experience a natural phenomenon created when the surface lava solidified but magma continued to flow into the tunnel.
Departure from Catania. Tour available all year long.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local, professional guide
- Environmental guide hiking certified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet
- Equipment if requested at time of booking
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
To admire the fascinating landscape of the Valle del Bove depression and it's moon like desert from where we will have a breathtaking view of the smoking craters of Mount Etna and the surrounding landscapes facing the lonian sea.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
- Port of Catania
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The program of the excursion may be subject to changes. (Adverse weather conditions, as well as restrictions on access to the volcano by the competent authorities)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.