Exarcheia walking tour: The other side of Athens
This is a unique tour in Exarcheia district, outside the crowded touristic areas of Athens but at the heart of it's modern history! Walk in Exarcheia and the area around like a local and witness the Athenian way of life, discuss the historical events that defined the modern history of Greece and witness first hand why this district is so different and controversial. During our walk we will laso have the chance to relax by drinking coffee or tea at a local favorite place!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Small groups (up to 8 persons)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers, face masks)
What's excluded :
- Private expenses
- Pick up - drop off
- Entry/Admission - National History Museum (Old Parliament)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omonia Square, Athens Greece
We meet at Omonoia square, one of the most central and old squares in Athens, and we start our walk by heading to Exarcheia, the most alternative and controversial neighborhood of Athens, rich in history and culture and full of professional and student life.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: National Technical University of Athens - School of Architecture, Στουρνάρη και Πατησίων 42 35, Athina 106 82, Greece
Our first stop we’ll be at the historic building of Polytechnio (National Technical University of Athens) which defined the modern history of Greece and has some great as well as dramatic stories to tell.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Exarchion Square, Stournari 5, Athina 106 83, Greece
As we continue our walk deep in Exarcheia streets, we are going to witness the neighborhoods’ culture and spirit, talk about the changes Exarcheia faced from early 19th century, its role into the 2nd World War, today’s history and culture, admire numerous of its street art and visit an amazing hill that offers panoramic views to the city! After that, we are going to have a small break at a local favorite place for coffee or tea!
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: National Library of Greece, Omonoia 32, Athina 106 79, Greece
Then through the famous Panepistimiou and Stadiou streets we will have a stop at outside each one of the three gems of Athens namely Academy of Athens – University of Athens- National Library of Greece, which are also known as the Trilogy of Athens buildings. We are going to discuss about theirs and the area around history and of course what they are symbolizing for Athens nowadays
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: National History Museum (Old Parliament), 13 Stadiou Street, Athens 10561 Greece
Our tour ends at the old parliament building and the area around, known also for the hippie and modern cafes and the cozy bars, where we’ll be happy to give you any further information or tips you might want in order to explore Athens like a local!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Omonoia Square, Athina 104 31, Greece
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Stadiou, Athina, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The company follows the rules as announced by the Greek National Public Health Organization
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.