Exclusive CEFALU' and MONREALE Tour - with Local Guide - starts from Palermo
Discover top attractions including the Norman-style Cefalù Cathedral and Monreale UNESCO–listed Norman-Byzantine cathedral, and see the best of Sicily with ease.
• Exclusive Private Tour for personalized attention and flexibility
• Led by a licensed LOCAL GUIDE to learn more about the sites you visit
• Comfortable Transport from your hotel by Luxury Mercedes Minivan
• Discover Arab, Norman and Byzantine Architecture in Cefalù and Monreale
This trip takes you out of the city driving east on the north coast for a private shore excursion to the town of CEFALU'. This lovely city is part of the Madonie National Park. Included also is a visit of the Duomo in MONREALE. This structure features both Sicilian and Byzantine craftsmen. The highlight point of the Cathedral is its interior, incandescent with the gold of the mosaics, covering the walls of the nave, aisles, transept, and apse. A total of 81800 square feet.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided Tours in Monreale & Cefalù
- Local Guide Driver
- Exclusive Private tour
- Transportation by Mercedes V-Class Minivan
- Port/Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Monreale
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cefalu, Cefalu, Province of Palermo, Sicily
Meet your LOCAL GUIDE and head on board of a Luxury Mercedes Minivan to the Madonie National Park and the town of CEFALU', once a typical fishing village, now a major destination for tourists in the area. During a stroll trough the characteristic streets, you will visit the ancient medieval washhouse and the Norman-style Cefalu Cathedral, built in the 12th century. The mosaics inside the cathedral are remarkable examples of the Byzantine art of the period. The sturdy Norman lines of the Cathedral are softened by palm trees, and tourists fill the city hall piazza before it. The Arab-Norman architecture of Sicily is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Make a stop for lunch (own expense). Your guide can recommend some wonderful places with typical local specialties.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Duomo di Monreale, Piazza Guglielmo II 1, 90046, Monreale, Sicily Italy
Next drive to MONREALE, the apotheosis of Norman architecture in Sicily. Featuring a cathedral with its splendid mosaics from the 12th century, it was part of the World Heritage Arab Norman Period, built under William II. It rivals Saint Sophia in Istanbul and Saint Mark's in Venice in its use of decorative mosaics. While it is Romanesque style largely, the cathedral combines aspects of Arab, Byzantine and Norman architecture.
At the end of the tour, you will be brought back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in PalermoPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No infants allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- ● Wear masks while in enclosed spaces, like vehicles or museums ● Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.