Full day of Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima
FATIMA, the main catholic sanctuary in Portugal and one of the biggest in the world.
Fatima is one of the largest and most important places of pilgrimage in the world, with more than 5 million visitors per year. The greatest pilgrimages to fatima occur annually on 12 and 13 May and October, and are traditionally made on foot. The modern Church of the Holy Trinity, built in 2007, with 125 meters in diameter and almost 9000 seats, is a reference point of the Sanctuary of Fatima, as well as the house of the 3 shepherds to whom the Virgin Mary appeared ..
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima, 2495-402 Fátima, Portugal
The Shrine of Fatima, formally named by the Catholic Church as the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima, is a Marian shrine dedicated to Our Lady of Fatima, located on the site of the Cova da Iria, in the city of Fatima, Ourém, Portugal .
The Sanctuary of Fátima is, par excellence, a place of Christian pilgrimage and Catholic devotion, preserving the memory of the events that led to its foundation, namely the apparitions of Our Lady to the three little shepherds - Lúcia dos Santos, Francisco and Jacinta Marto - in 1917 Its magnitude and relevance from the religious point of view has long been widely recognized nationally and internationally. By express will of the Holy Apostolic See, this is a National Shrine. It is also one of the most important Marian shrines in the world belonging to the Catholic Church and the largest international religious tourism destination, receiving around six million visitors a year. He was distinguished with three papal gold roses and visited by Popes Paul VI (1967), John Paul II (1982, 1991 and 2000), Benedict XVI (2010) and Francisco (2017).
Its construction began in 1919 with the construction of the Chapel of the Apparitions; over the years the sanctuary was expanded, counting today with two basilicas, which represented a significant increase in the capacity of reception of pilgrims in covered area. However, the various urban plans created to order their growth had little practical effect, and the complex we see today is more a result of timely interventions that meet the needs of the moment than of a unified and long-term planning. On the other hand, the powerful impulse generated by the Shrine of Fatima was responsible for the exponential growth of an area of the country that had not been very developed until then.
Stylistically diversified, integrating buildings of a revivalist character along with more modern ones, the Shrine of Fatima is composed mainly of the Chapel of Apparitions, the Prayer Room (exterior), the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the respective Colonnade, the the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity, the retreat houses of Nossa Senhora do Carmo and Nossa Senhora das Dores, a Via Sacra in Valinhos and the Paul VI Pastoral Center. It also has cultural spaces and several other buildings for the administrative sectors, reception of pilgrims, medical care, commerce, meetings and congresses, and other activities. The sanctuary also had the contribution of artists of several generations, national and international, who for there realized a numerous and diverse set of works.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up our guests at all hotels in Lisbon, Airport, Train Stations and Lisbon Cruise Terminal.We take their names, written, for easy findAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.