Golden Circle and Northern Lights
Experience the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland in one day. From spouting geysers, tumbling waterfalls and ancient volcanoes, the popular Golden Circle Classic full-day excursion by coach will introduce you to Iceland's world-renowned pristine natural beauty surrounding the capital. In the evening, join a second tour on a hunt for the Northern Lights, where an experienced guide will tell you all about the origins and history of the Northern Lights and take you to the best viewing locations.
per adult from
15 to 18 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Golden Circle Route
- Entry/Admission - Northern Lights Lookout
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Circle Route, Iceland
The most popular sightseeing route in Iceland, with impressive natural wonders and rich history.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Explore Iceland's oldest national park, and the founding site of the world's oldest parliament Alþingi. Here you can also see the rift between two tectonic plates, slowly moving apart and creating fissures in the lava fields.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
Visit the magnificent waterfall of Gullfoss and marvel at the intense force of glacial meltwater falling down into the deep canyon of Hvitargljufur.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Geysir, Haukadalur Iceland
Geysir and Strokkur geothermal area. Strokkur is a geyser that is well known for it's very frequent eruptions, it erupts scalding hot water high into the air every 5-10 minutes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Northern Lights Lookout, Iceland
Join an experienced guide on a 3-5 hour Northern Lights hunt in the Icelandic countryside.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
3: Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
4: Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
5: Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels, guesthouses and cruise ports in the capital area upon request (if option is selected). Due to traffic restrictions in the city center, pickup may not be directly in front of hotel but rather at a nearby designated pickup point. Pick-up for the Golden Circle tour starts 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Pick-up for the Northern Lights tours starts at 8:30 pm. The "No pickup" does not include hotel pick-up, but complimentary pickup from the following locations is offered upon request for no extra charge:*Bus stop 5 - Harpa*Bus stop 13 - Rauðarárstígur*Klettagardar 4 - Gray Line Bus TerminalYou must contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up location or meeting point.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.