Gondar City Tours
The medieval town of Gondar is located about 748 km from Addis Ababa Following the demise of Lalibela toward the end of the 13th century, Ethiopia had no national capital for hundreds of years. The emperors had to keep on the move on constant campaigns to safeguard their vast empire and ensure allegiance to their rule. For their seat of government, they had to make do with what are known in the historical literature as ‘roving tent capitals’. Tired of this migratory and nomadic lifestyle of so many of his forefathers, Emperor Fassiledes founded Gondar in 1636 and had the first and most magnificent of the castles built. Succeeding Emperors made their own additions mostly within the same castle compound. Although the exact date of construction of this imposing edifice is not known, a Yemeni ambassador visiting Gondar in 1648 described it as “one of the most marvelous of buildings”.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Aman Ethiopia Tours & Travel, Addis Ababa Kazanches Nega City Mall 1st Floor, Addis Ababa 7028 Ethiopia
Ancients Painted Churches , Castles , Museums , Landscapes , Old City & Life
Pass By: Fasil Ghebbi, Gonder Ethiopia
Gondar. The Royal Capital of Ethiopia, Gondar was founded in 1636 by Emperor Fassiladas. In the afternoon you will visit the city of Gondar with the drive to the Castles and Churches built by Emperor Fassiladas and his descendants. Proceed to the fascinating Debre Birhan Selassie (The Enlightening of Trinity) with Wonderful murals art, Qusquam Church.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you from your hotels locate din Gondar or from Gondar airportAirports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.