Guided Food tour in Budapest: Hungarian lunch/dinner with locals in their home
Because this tour has nothing to do with tourism. This has to do with Hungary, its people, culture, and gastronomy.
Do you want to be just another tourist in Budapest?
Or do you want to get a personalized travel experience and feel like a local?
We invite you to participate in our Home lunch/dinner program, and to get a true taste of typical Hungarian food!
The home lunch program introduces Hungarian cuisine and turns it into a real personal travel experience. For lunch we will serve you a complete Hungarian meal, along with some good Hungarian wine!
"Lunch at Mom and Pop's house was the highlight. AMAZING! They were so nice too.. we wanted them to adopt us. They really made us feel at home. I feel lucky to have had such a unique experience. I will no doubt recommend this tour to anyone who visits Budapest."
(As reviewed by a Tripadvisor member)
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pick up and dropp off at hotel
- Wine, Pálinka
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Your tour starts with meeting your guide at your hotel.
Upon arrival you will be greeted with traditional Hungarian pálinka! (not compulsory to try, just recommended:))
The lunch includes a starter, soup, main course and dessert. Drinks, Hungarian wine and pálinka are also part of the meal.
Our soups: Hungarian goulash soup, Hungarian bean soup with smoked ham, Potato soup with cream and smoked ham, Chicken soup, Ragout soup flavoured with tarragon, Hungarian fish soup, Hungarian bean-goulash soup, Mushroom soup, Green pea soup
Our main courses: Hungarian stuffed cabbage/Hungarian chicken Paprikas/Hungarian goulash stew/Pork medaillons Hungarian style served with "lecso" (onion, tomato, paprika ), Lecsó/ Hungarian sirloin steak with fried onions / Hungarian vadas/
Desserts: pancakes/cottage cheese dumplings/somlói sponge cake/creamy pastry/Hungarian strudel/Zserbó/chestnut cake/Apple pie/Hungarian seasonal cakes
( Please inform us on time, so we can prepare vegetarian dishes and special meals if needed.)
After the hearty meal you will be driven back to your hotel.
This tour has nothing to do with tourism. This has to do with Hungary, its people, culture, and food.
• My Personal Budapest, Nap utca 28, Budapest 1185 Hungary
• Appetizer sandwiches - Hungarian appetizers
• Main course
• Hungarian desserts
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All central hotels, and addresses
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that we reserve the right, if necessary, to cancel the home lunch even the day of the lunch/dinner. Because of the personal nature of this activity things occasionally may come up that prevent the hosts being able to provide the lunch. However, this rarely happens and we do our best to provide the home meal!
- Participants are asked to provide their phone number at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking place,
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.