Guided Summit Day Hike to Litltind in Bodo, Northern Norway
A guided summit hike to Mt. Litltind (717 m above sea level) is within reach if you are in good physical condition and have previous hiking experience. It’s a moderately strenuous hike with some steep and exposed sections, but you will be rewarded with amazing views from the summit!
A hike with view: The route starts through sparse pine forests following a well-marked trail. This guided summit hike ascends 630 m over 3 km.
National Park & the sea: As the tree line is only 300 m up, you’ll have a great view all the way. To the east: the view of Sjunkhatten National Park, a glacier-formed landscape with untouched fjords and inaccessible peaks.
Exposed summit: Reaching Mt. Litltind is not technically difficult, but the hike is steep in a few places. Reaching the true summit requires passing some scree and exposed scrambling up quite steep rocks.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Do I need any outdoor experience?
• Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for intermediate or experienced hikers and anyone contemplating this trip needs previous hiking experience in alpine terrain.You should be prepared for some exposure along the summit ridge, but we will ensure you remain a safe distance from that.
• Grading: This trip is graded as Hard.
By minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bodø.
Season & Availability
May - September. May be possible in wintertime, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
• Terrain: You must be able to walk on rugged trails, uneven terrain, scree and steep rocks.
• Total length: The hike itself is approx. 6 km up and down. The mileage from Bodø by car (or minibus) is 25 km each way.
• Elevation: A total of 640 m from the starting point 80 metres above sea level to the summit of Mt. Litltind, 717 m a.s.l.
You should bring
• Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
• Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes).
• A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
We will provide
• A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
• Snow spikes if required to cross snow fields (early season and/or winter).
• Return transfers from downtown Bodø to the starting point and back again after the trip are included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
• Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
• Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We don’t mix private group trips with solo travellers.
• What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.
Departure Point :Hundholmen Plass, Tollbugata 13-9, 8006 Bodø, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all participants.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.