Guilds and Trades
History of a myth genesis, the Lion’s Republic, through its typical professions and handicraft of present and past.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- food & drinks to Osteria La Bifora
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Venice, Venice, Veneto
This walking tour starts in campo San Vidal.
Cross the wooden Accademia Bridge to reach Campo della Carità, where there is an ancient convent, a church and the old Scuola Santa Maria della Carità (now home of the Accademia Museum). Our stroll throughout the Dorsoduro district will lead us to the magnificent Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, the huge baroque church erected to celebrate the end of the plague of 1630. After turning towards the basin of St Mark, we will enjoy a quick view over the ancient Custom point.
We will continue the tour along the Fondamenta Zattere, the way alongside the Giudecca Canal until reaching Saverio Pastor’s workshop to admire a variety of oars and "forcole", rowlock or oarpost used in traditional Venetian boats.
In San Trovaso, we will see a Squero, the picturesque boatyard where gondolas are still built and repaired.
We will have the occasion to see the Stuccoforte Lab, one of the Venetian ancient works.
We will pass through Campo San Barnaba and see the floating fruit and vegetable market, one of the venetian methods of exploiting canals.
We will cross the Ponte dei Pugni (Bridge of fists), whose nane derives from the challenges between different sections of citizens that used to take place on it.
In Campo San Barnaba we will see an artistic Masks' Workshop in order to plunge in the fabulous atmosphere of the Venetian Carnival.
The tour will end in the beautiful Campo Santa Margherita, today meeting point of young people and students, where we will relax with a short Spritz break.
Departure Point :Campiello San Vidal, Campiello S. Vidal, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Fondamenta Zattere Ai Gesuati, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.