Hadrian's Wall & The Borders Luxury Private Tour with Scottish Driver
The Romans came, they saw, but they couldn’t quite conquer. After centuries of raiding, plundering, and fighting the ancient north of Britannia, they decided to build a wall.
But this isn’t just any wall, it’s an astounding achievement. It showcases the might of the ancient Roman Empire and illustrates how the Roman's interacted with tribal Britain.
This excursion takes you to the most interesting parts and lets you learn about Rome’s influence on Britain, while also giving you a chance to explore the gentle rolling hills of the borders, and visit an ancient abbey.
It’s perfect for anyone fascinated by the collision of cultures and quintessential British landscapes. No waiting for other passengers remember you call the shots this is Your Day, Your Way!
With Door to Door service from Edinburgh along with complimentary Bottled Water and Wi-Fi Access you truly are getting that First Class experience the Scottish Way.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Excursion (1 to 6 Passengers)
- Door to Door Service
- Cruise Ship Pickup and Drop-Off
- Services & Stories of a Scottish Chauffeur
- Wi-Fi Access
- Bottled Water
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fee to Visitor Attractions
- Gratuities (Passenger Discretion)
- Entry/Admission - Jedburgh Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Jedburgh Castle Jail and Museum
- Entry/Admission - Carter Bar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jedburgh Abbey, 4/5 Abbey Bridge End, Jedburgh TD8 6JQ Scotland
Your first stop on this tour is the border town of Jedburgh, a historic burgh dominated by a magnificent 12th century Augustinian Abbey.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Jedburgh Castle Jail and Museum, Castlegate Jedburgh, Borders, Scotland, TD8 6QD, Jedburgh TD8 6BD Scotland
On arrival in Jedburgh, you may have time to take a short walk through the narrow streets and visit this impressive ruin.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Carter Bar, A68, Jedburgh Scotland
Continuing south we make a stop at the scenic Carter Bar on the edge of the Cheviot Hills. This crossing point between Scotland and England runs close to the ancient Roman road and has formed the border between the two countries for the past 700 years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Northumberland National Park, Hexham NE46 1BS England
The tour continues through the magnificent forests of Northumberland National Park before turning west towards Hadrian’s Wall.
Stop At: Steel Rigg, Henshaw, Hexham NE477AN England
We follow the road that takes us along the south side of the wall, stopping at Steel Rigg. You have time to walk beside the wall and experience the isolation that Roman foot soldiers would have experienced as they guarded their empire from the ‘barbarians’ to the north.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Edinburgh - All LocationsAirports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Edinburgh Cruise Port Terminals - All
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.