Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
This half-day tour will take you to the Korean DMZ that is located about an hour away from Seoul. You will see the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, the DMZ Exhibition Hall, the Dora Observatory, the Dorasan Station and pass the Unification Village on the way back to Seoul. It will be an educational experience to learn about the Korean War and its history.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - DMZ
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: DMZ, Munsan-eup, Majeong-ri Imjingak Tourist information center, Paju, Gyeonggi-do South Korea
You will be picked up at your hotel in Central Seoul or subway station then taken to Imjingak Park.
Once you arrive at the park, you can see the Freedom Bridge and an old steam train that shows the extremity of the tragedy that was the Korean War at Imjingak Park.
Then, the DMZ bus will head to the 3rd Tunnel that North Korean Army built to infiltrate South Korea in 1970s. You will walk down to the tunnel (about 500m, round trip) wearing a safety helmet. After coming out of tunnel, you will have some time to look around the DMZ Exhibition Hall which shows the Korean War, old weapons and Korea's history.
After the Exhibition Hall, you will head to Mt Dora to see North Korea from the Observatory. There are many telescopes to look at North Korea’s propaganda village.
Then you will move to Dorasan Station, the last station before entering North Korea from South Korea. You can get a stamp that resembles the immigration desk in the airport, as a souvenir (You will not be entering North Korea).
On the way back to Imjingak Park, your vehicle will pass by the Unification Village before heading back to Seoul.
Once you return to Seoul, you will stop-by a Korean Ginseng Center (This place will be skipped if you choose "without shopping tour" option) before you will be dropped off at the City Hall.
You can choose 1 of 2 half day tours with morning or afternoon.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us with the name & full address of your accommodation in Seoul if yours is not listed.And we can meet at subway stations in Central Seoul.
Return Detail :City Hall Station, Jeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required for afternoon tour
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.