Historic Tour Chile in 1973 Government of Pinochet
Early in the morning, we will collect you from your hotel in Santiago. From there, we will head to our first stop - Cementerio General (the city's cemetery).
This location is a kind of open-air museum, constructed almost two centuries ago, where we will discover Chile's recent history through the numerous graves of the notable people buried here. In the cemetery will visit various sites of historical importance, such as Patio 29 - where thousands of bodies were secretly buried during the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet
Later we will visit the Museum of Memory and Human Rights, a space which shows the horrors committed during the military dictatorship between 1973 and 1990.
Last, we head to Villa Grimaldi, a three-acre estate which was used as a community arts center until 1973 when General Pinochet turned it into a political detention and interrogation center known as Cuartel Terranova.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cementerio General (General Cemetery), Avenida La Paz Recoleta, Santiago 8431579 Chile
Explore the historic streets and landmarks of Santiago which played a role in the dictatorship of Pinochet. Our tour will transport you back to Chile in 1973
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.