Historical and Cultural Guided Tour of Budapest
Step back on time and join to a wonderful historic journey in the beautiful capital of Hungary with a professional historian guide!
This full-day Budapest walking tour provides you an exquisite opportunity to see the must-see sites of Budapesti, immerse you in the urban maelstrom, gain insight into people's everyday lives, try out the developed public transport network of Budapest, including Europe's second oldest tram.
The tour is flexible, so it can be modified according to your wishes!
The tour is available with comfortable A/C minivan for extra charge.
If you have any question or request please do not hesitate to contact!
Have a nice time in Hungary!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- I pick you up from your hotel, or wherever is most comfortable for you, and we head straight to the City Park, this is where our tour starts. City Park has many sightseeing opportunities including the glorious Vajdahunyad Castle, Széchenyi bath (the largest thermal bath in the capital), the Zoo and an outdoor Ice skating rink. We then head to Hero's Square, where I will give you a short lesson regarding the most important figures in Hungarian history.
Along the famous Andrássy Avenue, we can find the beautiful Neo-renaissance mansions and townhouses featuring fine facades. Homes on this street have been featured on televisions shows such as House Hunters International. it is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets with fine cafes, restaurants, theaters and luxury boutiques.
Then we visit a part of the Jewish heritage, the great Synagogue, which is the biggest synagogue in Europe. We then discover the taste of Hungary in the Central Market Hall where you can find a large selection of Hungarian products, like wines, handicrafts, clothing, many kind of food products.
We have look inside St Stephen Basilica, where the most important reliquary, the "Holy Right Hand", the mummified hand of St Stephen is placed. We then walk around the gorgeous Hungarian Parliament and Liberty Square to discover the stories behind every statue of it.
Time to rest and refresh! We take a lunch break.
We continue our trip to the Royal Castle District crossing the famous Chain Bridge. We visit the charming Royal Castle with its magical history atmosphere, Matthias Church with its beautiful frescos, and the Fisherman's Bastion. Then we enjoy the best panorama in Budapest from the top of Gellért Hill. We pass by Citadella, the unique Pauline Cave Chapel and the famous art-nouveau Gellért Spa.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Budapest
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.