History and Culture Tour of Braga and Barcelos from Porto
Your 9-hour small-group tour to Braga and Barcelos will provide historical background while allowing you to absorb the diversity of the Portugese culture. You will visit famous monuments and squares and take in the long history of the two prominent locations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- You will be picked up at 8:15am at a centrally-located departure point and transported to Braga, known as the Portuguese Rome. Your extensive city walking tour in the historic center includes the Santa Barbara Garden; the ancient remnants of the Castle of Braga, the Keep Tower, declared a National Monument in 1910; and the Arco da Porta Nova.
Next you will visit The Cathedral of Braga, Sé de Braga, one of the most important monuments in Braga; the Portuguese sanctuary Bom Jesus do Monte, famous for its stairway and panoramic view over Braga; and Nossa Senhora do Sameiro Santuary, one of the most popular shrines to Mary in all of Portugal.
After your tour of Braga concludes in the late morning you will be transported to Barcelos, the city of the Portuguese rooster, where you will enjoy a traditional lunch in a local restaurant.
You will tour the historic center of Barcelos on a city walking tour. You will visit the Barcelos Medieval Bridge, classified as a National Monument; the Castle Keep Pottery museum; the Parish church; the Archaeological Museum of Barcelos and the Municipal Chamber Building.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to visit the Bom Jesus da Cruz Temple.
Your tour will conclude when you are returned to your hotel at approximately 5:15pm.
Departure Point :Accomodations or Centrally-located departure point
Departure Time :8:15am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.