Islamic Sites Private Walking Tour of Cairo
Discover Cairo’s fascinating Islamic heritage on this 4-hour private walking tour with an expert guide. Climb up to the Citadel of Saladin, home to Egypt’s rulers for more than 700 years, and visit the Sultan Hassan Mosque, a masterpiece of Islamic art and architecture and one Cairo’s most iconic landmarks. Then, enjoy an authentic local experience as you explore the winding passageways of Khan el-Khalili, one of the world’s largest bazaars.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the Citadel of Saladin
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Salah Salem St, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Your private Islamic Cairo city tour begins with a visit to the Citadel of Salah Ed-Din. Located high atop Cairo, the Citadel boasts magnificent views of the city. Built by the Arab hero Salah ad-Din, the Citadel primarily functioned as a military garrison, as well as serving as a royal residence for over 700 years.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan, Maydan Salah al-Din, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Continuing in the historical traditions of Islamic Cairo, our Cairo tour next pays a visit to the famous Sultan Hassan Mosque, which dates back to the 13th century. Considered to be one of the masterpieces of Islamic art and architecture, its history also includes time spent as a school. Equally as impressive is the Mohamed Ali Mosque, one of Cairo’s most visible landmarks, with its twin minarets rising high atop the Citadel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Khan Al-Khalili, Cairo Egypt
Shifting gears, our Cairo city tour heads back to the streets and towards a famous local bazaar, Khan el-Khalili. A labyrinth of narrow streets and passageways, Khan el-Khalili is one of the world’s largest bazaars and offers a truly authentic local Cairo experience. Among the world’s oldest bazaars, dating back to 1382, Khan el-Khalili offers an experience unique to the old streets of Islamic Cairo, and affords the opportunity to engage with locals, as locals do, hunting for bargains and relaxing with a coffee as the hustle of the bazaar passes you by.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St، Dokki, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required for this tour. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Maximum group size is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.