Kathmandu Spiritual Hiking
This package combines four of Nepal's most fascinating
Hindu religious sites in the outskirt of
Kathmandu Valley, which takes about 5 to 6 hours hiking. Travel to
Budhanilkantha, the start of your hiking point, where you’ll visit the sacred site of sleeping Hindu deity Vishnu, followed by hiking to
Chunikhel village, mostly inhabited by the Newar community. Hike to
Kapan Monastery and
Pullahari Monastery and finish the hike by visiting
Gokarneshwor Mahadev Temple. All of these sites provide majestic hilltop location, offering magnificent views of Kathmandu Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver and local tour guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- What is not mentioned in inclusions.
- In the early morning, between 7 AM and 8 AM, our team will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at the premise of Budhanilkantha, starting point of hiking. Visit and pay homage to the sleeping Lord Vishnu from the outer periphery of the complex’s pond (non-Hindus are not permitted inside), a visual trick that makes the god appear to float above the water’s surface while your guide explains the background of this unique Hindu figure. Then start hiking to Chunikhel which takes about one and half hour. In Chunikhel, you can see the old traditional houses of Newar community. Later move forward to Kapan Monastery which is one of the most popular monasteries of Tibetan Buddhism. Here, a large number of foreigners arrive here to study Buddhism and meditation. Afterward, hike to Pullahari Monastery which is just one hour walk away from Kapan Monastery. It has its own unique history dating back to 1986 AD. Then start descending to Gokarneshwor Mahadev Temple. In late August or early September, people go to this temple to bathe and make offerings in honor of their fathers, living or dead, on a day called Gokarna Aunsi. On finishing the excursion, our team will come pick you up and then transfer you to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.