MiniVan for Private Tour Transfer in Heraklion Crete
Visit Knossos, discover the advanced and sophisticated 4000 year old Civilization of Crete. Meet the Minoans, see the Palace of Knossos with its Labyrinth and splendid wall paintings.
Next stop an authentic village nearby, wine tasting, also tasting local products (olive oil, honey, herbs).
Heraklion city tour, explore the Historical city center of Heraklion and Capital of Crete! The 7th labor of Hercules was performed here, the birthplace of El Greco and Nikos Kazantzakis.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Entry/Admission - Knossos Archaeological Site
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete 714 09 Greece
THE MINOAN PALACE AT KNOSSOS
Knossos is arguably the most instructive Neolithic and Bronze-Age site in the Aegean/ Eastern Mediterranean (7000-1000 BC). The reconstructed remains give you a chance to experience the labyrinthine architecture of the Minoans as no other site can, and provide a wonderful backdrop to many vignettes to help appreciate the Minoan culture. What went on in a Palace? Were their ladies the mainstay of their society? What sort of health did they enjoy? How did they organize the production of their sort-after textiles? What names were their oxen called?
The Minoans although the ancient sites as Knossos were excavated by the end of the eighteenth century still this ancient Bronze Age Civilization holds on to its secrets well tucked away as if in the labyrinth of Myths and history!
This first civilization of Europe sprung here in Crete and has never stoped captivating us, alluring us with its high aesthetics and beauty.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete
HERAKLION CITY - TASTING AND WALKING TOUR
Explore the Historical city center of Heraklion and Capital of Crete! The 7th labor of Hercules was performed here, the birthplace of El Greco and Kazantzakis. On this tour you enjoy local products finger food and wine amidst Venetian monumental buildings.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note your contact mobile number.Airports
- N. Kazantzakis Airport, Heraklion, Crete Greece
- Heraklion Port Passenger Station, Leof. Nearchou, Iraklio 713 07, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Group of 3 people. 8/29/2020 - 12/31/2023
Group of 1 or 2 people. 1/7/2020 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Group of 4 or 5 people. 8/29/2020 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is formal
- This tour starts from Heraklion district - Hotel, Heraklion port or Heraklion airport
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE Up to 8 people only (masked); tour given via ‘Whispers’: an audio system that means you can hear with clarity your guide, without having to stand by their elbow.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.