Naples Food Walking Tour
Enjoy an authentic slice of Neapolitan food culture during a 3-hour, small-group street food tour. Accompanied by a food-loving guide, make your way around the streets of historical Naples exploring food markets, street stalls and mobile cooking stands. Perk up with Italian espresso and munch on a range of typical Neapolitan street foods, such as hot 'sfogliatella' (a layered pastry). With numbers on this tour limited to 14, you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Food tastings
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Meet your guide in the morning near Castel Nuovo, an imposing fortress and former royal residence that is known locally as the Maschio Angioino. Then, together with your guide and small group, take a walk into the heart of historical Naples to experience the city’s unique street food.
As you wander, hear stories about Naples' history and its renowned cuisine, and look out for local landmarks including the grand Teatro di San Carlo, Europe’s longest running opera house. Make your first stop in a cafe opposite the opera, where you'll take part in a Neapolitan morning tradition and drink a short and strong Italian espresso.
Move on to the expansive Piazza del Plebiscito and cast your eyes upon the collection of impressive monuments that surround it, including the striking and enormous façade of the Royal Palace of Naples. Enter the nearby Galleria Umberto I, a stunning 19th-century shopping mall with a beautiful glass roof and mosaic floor. While in here, munch on a sweet treat — a fresh and hot sfogliatella pastry made with delicious layers of soft, flaky dough.
Wipe away any remaining crumbs and continue on to a nearby food market. Be introduced to an array of local specialties and browse the fresh produce at the greengrocer and fish stands. Taste another street food snack, which changes depending on season and availability, but may include 'o pére e ‘o musso (cold meat with salt and lemon) or a pizzette (small pizza).
After leaving the market, cut down Spaccanapoli, a straight narrow street that bisects Naples Old Town. The tour ends at the centrally-located Piazza Dante. Before you part ways with your guide, take recommendations on the best pizzerias and restaurants, where you can indulge in even more delicious Neapolitan cuisine.
Departure Point :Piazza Municipio, 80133 Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazza Dante, P.za Dante, 80135 Napoli NA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.