Nubian Village Excursion from Aswan
Visit a Nubian Village community on Sohail Island on a 3-hour, small-group tour from Aswan that includes round-trip transfer from your hotel or cruise ship, a boat ride, and tea in a traditional Nubian house. Travel past Elephantine Island on a felucca sailboat or in a modern motorboat, learn about local culture and history, and enjoy free time to explore Sohail Island on your own. This small-group tour is limited to 15 people for a personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned Car.
- Felucca or motorboat ride.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Nubian Village
What's excluded :
- Tipping (recommended)
- Any extra tours you make like.
- Food and drinks unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nubian Village, This is a Village and does not have a web-site, Aswan Egypt
Discover village life on the Nubian Nile on this 3-hour motorboat cruise from Aswan to Gharb Soheil village. Along the journey, you'll see the Aswan Botanic Garden, Saloga, Ghazal, and Elephantine islands, the Old Cataract Hotel, the First Cataract of the Nile, and the Nilometer and Temple of Khnum. At Gharb Soheil, you'll meet a Nubian family, explore a brightly colored Nubian village, and visit a traditional market.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Aswan, Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Nile River Valley
Select the departure time that suits your schedule, and start the tour with pickup at your hotel or cruise ship in Aswan. Transfer to the Nile River jetty, where you’ll boat a motorboat for the trip to Gharb Soheil. Find a comfortable seat on the cushioned deck, and spot some of the landmarks at the edge of the Nile River, from the Tombs of the Nobles to the Aswan Botanical Garden and agricultural islands dotted with cows, camels, and fishing shacks.
Shortly after passing the First Cataract of the Nile, you’ll reach Gharb Soheil, a Nubian village on the West Bank of the river. You’ll meet a local family to learn about their history, culture, and traditions, sharing a welcome glass of tea, Egyptian coffee, or karkade, a bright pink tea brewed from hibiscus blossoms. Following your time with the family, you’ll have time to visit the village with your guide, taking in the brightly painted houses, and a market full of fresh spices, handmade cotton scarves, and local produce.
After an hour at Gharb Soheil, begin the return trip to Aswan. This tour concludes with drop-off at your Aswan hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.