Palaiokastritsa - Corfu Town private tour
Take this half day Palaiokastritsa – Corfu Town private tour and get to know Corfu Island and enjoy breathtaking views over the island’s east coast.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- English speaking driver
- Transfers from / to your hotel or closest available location upon request
- Professional tour guide if option is selected
- Fully customizable tour
What's excluded :
- Any Private Expenses
- Boat rides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agios Spiridon Beach, Palaiokastritsa 490 83, Greece
We travel across to Palaiokastritsa on the west coast and you are able to take in images of central Corfu’s countryside. As we pass through Perama you shall be able to see Pontikonisi Island and a glimpse of Pelekas Village further inland.
Palaiokastritsa is located on the northwest coast of Corfu. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful villages of Corfu. It consists of six different small coasts and rocky beaches with crystal blue sea water. From almost each coast small boats can take you on a boat trip to the caves that can be found along its coastline to admire the crystal water and the beauty of the nature.
There are two most known and important caves that you will be visiting. The first one is called Nausika Cave, named after the daughter of the King of the Pheaceans. It is said that she found Odysseus here and nursed him back to health. The second is called Blue Eye due to a patch of incredibly blue water which resembles an eye.
Above the main coast on a hillside full of wild trees and olive trees facing the deep blue sea stand the Monastery of Theotokos. The Monastery was built around 12th century and inside in one of the cells a museum has been founded with Byzantine and post Byzantine icons. In the main courtyard of the monastery there is also an old well where you can throw a coin and make a wish which with the blessings of Virgin Mary Theotokos is said to come true.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Corfu Old Town, Agias Sofias 24, Corfu Town Greece
Next stop the old Fortress into the Old Corfu Town Center.
Our driver will drive you to the old Corfu town center where you are able to visit the old Fortress of Corfu, do some shopping into the venetian style Corfu Town shops, have a coffee in the famous Liston and get the blessings from the Miracle-Worker , Saint Spyridon by your visit into the main Church of Corfu, Saint Spyridon Church.
Please note that the tour starting time can change upon request
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Corfu Port Authority Company, Eth. Antistaseos 24, Kerkira 491 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Please advise your hotel or apartment and we will inform you regarding pick up time and location.If pickup from your location is not available we will meet at the port.Ports
- Corfu Port
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.