Philadelphia Iconic Foods Tour
Voted "Best Tourist Activity" by Manayunk.com, enjoy this guided walking tour exploring the exciting culinary offerings of Philadelphia's first historic district. Try eight iconic Philly foods, including tomato pie, soft pretzels, ice cream and yes, a classic Philly cheesesteak. The 2.5-hour tour is crammed with information on the 300-year-old neighborhood, fun historical anecdotes and cultural secrets that enliven the experience in between bites.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- 6+ Food & Drink Tastings
- TasteBook: A full-color, mini-magazine guide to Philadelphia's food scene
- Ponchos (when necessary)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You’ll have an expert local guide for this 2.5-hour walking tour of the 300-year-old Manayunk neighborhood in Philadelphia. The neighborhood has come a long way in three centuries. Hugging the Schuylkill River about 7 miles (11 km) northwest of the city center, Manayunk was once a mill town, home to thriving cotton mills. During the Civil War, the mills switched from cotton textiles and paper to wool textiles in order to provide blankets for the troops.
The name Manayunk is a Lenni Lenape word for ‘where we go to drink,’ which is fitting for the lifestyle of 21st-century Manayunk. Even more fitting would be ‘where we go to eat and drink,’ as there are over 30 restaurants (and, in total, 80-plus businesses) along the neighborhood’s Main Street, today one of the hippest streets in the city. It is to the restaurants in and around Main Street that your expert guide will lead you to some of the best iconic Philly edibles Manayunk has to offer. After tasting everything from baked goods at ancient Italian bakeries to legendary tomato pies to soft pretzels to a classic Philly cheesesteak, you’ll leave the neighborhood full but yearning to come back for more on your own.
Along the way, learn about the classic architecture of the neighborhood and its iconic row houses. Engross yourself in historical and cultural anecdotes. By the end of the tour, you’ll know the place almost as well as the locals do.
Departure Point :Departs from Hermitage Street and Umbria Street
Return Detail :Concludes on Main Street and Carson Street
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by Chew Philly Food Tours