Private Cultural Day Trip to Bago from Yangon
Visit the city of Bago, also known as Hanthawaddy, on this private day trip from Yangon. With a guide, you'll learn about the 15th-century history and architecture of the Han people as you check out landmarks such as Shwemawdaw Pagoda, Shwe Nyaung Pin Nat Shrine, and Kyakhatwine Monastery. Lunch, entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Yangon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
Our driver and guide will pick you up from your hotel at 7am in Yangon downtown and head to Mon Ancient Kingdom, also called Hanthawaddy Kingdom. It was a royal palace of Mon people, who were powerful in Myanmar from the 9th century to the 1th and from the 13th to the 16th century. It will take approximately 2 hours drive by car from Yangon.
On the way to Bago, we will stop at Shwe Nyaung Pin Nat Shrine, where local people stop here for a while to pay homage to the Nats to protect them from any dangers on their journeys. Visit Htauk Kyant bustling local market. From here, we proceed to Shwethalyaung Buddha to see a magnificent reclining Buddha built in about AD 994 and has 55m in length and 52m in height. Then, we visit to Kyakhatwine Monastery to observe the offering meals to a thousand of monks.
Next, be amazed with the Shwemawdaw Pagoda – Myanmar’s tallest stupa built and worshiped by ancient Mon people and head to Kanbawzathardi Palace which was reconstructed the palace of King Bayinnaung. Explore Kyaikpun Pagoda consists of four 27m (100ft) high sitting Buddha placed face-to-face around huge, square pillar, depicting the four Buddha namely Gotama, Kakkusana, Konagamana and Kassapa. Legend tells that four Mon sisters were connected with the construction of the Buddha; it was said that if any of them should marry, one of the Buddhas would collapse.
In the late afternoon, we will head back to Yangon and make a stop at the front of Htauk Kyant Common Wealth War Cemetery that buried 27,000 allied soldiers died during World War II.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.