Private day tour to Kiambethu Tea farm in LIMURU
Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the capital on a private day tour to Kiambethu Farm in Limuru, and learn about the history and cultivation of one of Kenya’s top export- tea. Explore the serene grounds with a guide for insight into the traditional and modern uses of the native flora, and unwind with lunch, drinks, and round-trip transfer included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Tea growing is one of the major economic activities and exports in Kenya. A visit to the Kiambethu tea farm in Limuru Kenya not far from Nairobi town will give you a chance to get an insight of tea growing.At the farm will have the chance to learn the history of the farm and how it has been passed from one germination to another successfully.During your tour in the farm,toy shall realize that there is a certain technique used to pluck the tea, two leafs and the bud.You shall also be taken through the tea processing steps.
The hospitable family and owners of the farm will serve you with a cup of tea , cookies and lunch.
The farm has an indigenous forest which is the home for the Columbus monkeys which you shall spot as they jump from one tree to another.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up fro any hotels/apartments within NairobiAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.