Private Downtown Cairo Half-Day Tour with Egyptian Dinner
Immerse yourself in the bustle and beauty of downtown Cairo on this fascinating 4-hour private walking tour. Set off in the late afternoon at Zamalek Island to see the off-the-beaten track gems and major landmarks along both old and modern streets of this captivating metropolis. Freshly painted graffiti provides colorful context to Liberation Square (Midan Tahrir), and the grand 19th-century buildings set a perfect backdrop for downtown street theater. Hear fascinating facts and stories from your guide as you walk, and finish with supper at an authentic Egyptian restaurant.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Dinner at local restaurant
- Transportation from/to downtown Cairo
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Opera Square, Zamalek, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
We’ll start our Cairo tour at New Opera Square in Zamalek, winding our way through Cairo’s ancient and recent history, emerging, fittingly, at Old Opera Square near Attaba.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liberation Square (Midan El-Tahreer), In Front of the Egyptian Museum, Cairo 11511 Egypt
From the city’s most beautiful bridge spanning the Nile, we’ll head towards Liberation Square, which hosted many events during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution and is a significant landmark in the city’s modern history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Downtown Cairo, Bab Al Louq, Abdeen, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
In addition to the beautiful 19th and 20th Century architecture featured in downtown Cairo, our walking tour will allow you to check out modern artwork in the form of graffiti. Typically, this graffiti expresses locals’ views towards the Revolution and various political parties. In this area, every corner has its own story to tell, with most intersections featuring a statue of an important historical figure. Not to worry - your local guide will help fill in any gaps to give you a better context for what you’re seeing.
To cap off your private local Cairo walking tour, we’ll indulge in a local dish: Koshary, in an authentic local restaurant. Koshary is a mix of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and is one of our faves. You’ll also have the chance to try Egyptian falafel and ice cream before the night is through, giving you a full taste of local life here, in just four short hours!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St، Dokki, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.