Private Guided Tours To Bahir Dar Lake Tana Monastery & Blue Nile Waterfalls
Bahir Dar and Blue Nile Waterfalls
Bahir Dar is situated on Lake Tana, which is dotted with island monasteries some dating back to the 14th century. Its 30 odd islands represent today a unique natural habitat for plant life.
The Blue Nile Falls are a waterfall on the Blue Nile River in Ethiopia. They are known as Tis Issat in Amharic, when translated,means "smoking water" They are situated on the upper course of the river, about 30 kilometers downstream from the town of BahirDar and Lake Tana.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bahir Dar Market
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bahir Dar Market, Papyrus Hotel The Opposite Of Millinium Cafe, Bahir Dar 1000 Ethiopia
Be met and transferred to your hotel. Later, you will take a boat cruise on Lake Tana to visit the 14th century Monastery of Ura Kidane Mihret which is the most famous of the Zege peninsula monasteries. Afternoon, you will drive to the village of Tis Isat to see the Blue Nile falls. (Note that the volume of the water could be minimal because of the construction of the new dam.)
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick all clients from Bahir Dar airport or hotel in Bahir Dar Airports
- Bahir Dar Airport, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is formal
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.