Private Half-Day Ava Tour from Mandalay
Explore the former Burmese royal capital of Inwa (Ava), reached by boat across the Myintge River. Today, little remains but segments of the old city walls and a handful of well-preserved monasteries peering from tree roots and cultivated fields. You'll visit the teak wood monastery of Bagaya Kyaung and make a photo stop in Amarapura, with personalized commentary and private transport from Mandalay.
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mandalay Palace
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mandalay Palace, Mandalay Myanmar
Upon morning or afternoon pickup from your hotel lobby in Mandalay, depart by private vehicle for the 45-minute drive to Inwa, aka Ava. Following a short boat ride, you'll further explore the former royal capital by horse-drawn cart with your personal guide. Discover the picturesque ruins and tranquil countryside while you sightsee at a relaxed pace. Visit the Bagaya Monastery of Kyaung, renowned for its ornate woodcarvings and teak posts, and see Maha Aung Mye Bon Zan, a former royal temple built of brick and stucco. From atop the centuries-old palace remains of Nanmyin (the Leaning Tower of Inwa), you'll find splendid views. On the return drive to Mandalay, stop for photo ops of locals strolling across the U Bein Bridge, an 18th-century teak footbridge that spans Taungthaman Lake near Amarapura. If time permits before hotel drop-off, ask your guide to accompany you to meet local artisans that weave silk and cotton or cast bronze in this region known for its handicraft industry.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.