Private Half-Day Mingun Excursion
Channel your inner ‘Indiana Jones’ during this private 4-hour boat ride on the Irrawaddy (Ayeyarwady) River to visit the unfinished temples of Mingun. You’ll scout for endangered Irrawaddy dolphins during a river cruise before exploring Mingun’s abandoned 18th-century temple (one of the largest in the world) and the 90-ton (81,000-kilogram) bronze bell.
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mingun Bell
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mingun Bell, Hauptstrasse, Mingun Myanmar
Receive a pickup for your private tour from your Mandalay hotel in either the morning or afternoon, continuing by boat down the Irrawaddy River. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the community of endangered dolphins that calls this stretch of the river home. You’ll soon arrive on the banks of this unfinished city, home to a number of incomplete archaeological curiosities. Visit the partially constructed Mingun Paya, originally designed to become one of the world’s largest Buddhist stupas (religious temples). You’ll also visit the Mingun Bell, a bronze bell commissioned in 1808 by Myanmar’s King Bodawpaya that weighs around 90 tons (81,000 kilograms). At the end of your Mingun visit, cruise back down the Irrawaddy to Mandalay, admiring the numerous farming villages that dot the river banks. You’ll receive a drop-off back at your Mandalay hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Mingun
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.