Private Santiago Historic Landmarks Walking Tour including San Cristobal Hill
Discover Santiago as we explore the city on foot. Enjoy a cable car and funicular ride on San Cristobal Hill for panoramic views of the city and mountains. A great tour for those with limited time and who want to see it all!
• 5-Hour Private Tour
• Professional & Multilingual Guide
• Visit the City's Landmarks
• Learn about Chile's History and Culture
• Visit San Cristobal Hill for Panoramic Views on Cable Car and Funicular
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Multilingual Guide
- Public Transport
- Funicular and Cable Car Ride at San Cristóbal Hill (Closed on Mondays)
- Bottled water
- Digital Photographs
- Entry/Admission - Cerro San Cristobal
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro San Cristobal, Pio Nono 445, Recoleta Parque Metropolitano de Santiago, Santiago 8320000 Chile
Santiago, Chile’s capital and largest city, is home to half of the country’s population. On this walking tour you will see all the important sites and landmarks in the downtown area. We begin the tour at your hotel and first bring you to the top of San Cristobal Hill by cable car or “teleférico”. From here you will have a panoramic view of the entire city where your guide will describe the city’s geography and point out the sites to be seen during the tour. We will descend the hill by an open-air funicular that will bring you right into the colorful Bellavista neighborhood with streets lined with lively cafes. From there we walk by Plaza Italia and stroll through beautiful Florestal Park to reach the Lastarria neighborhood with many tiny shops and cafés.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cerro Santa Lucia, Rua Santa Lucia, Santiago 8320190 Chile
We will then visit Santa Lucia Hill, an oasis in the center of the city. Originally named Huelén Hill by the Mapuche Indians, this is where Pedro de Valdivia founded the city in 1541.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Santiago 8329001 Chile
We continue to the historic city center visiting the Museum of Fine Arts (closed on Monday), Central Market, and Plaza de Armas, Santiago’s main square. At the plaza, you will see the Cathedral, City Hall, Historic Post Office, and Monument to Chile’s Indigenous People, as well as enter the Museum of National History (closed on Monday).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: La Moneda, Moneda S/N, Santiago 8320000 Chile
We then pass by the Old Congress Building and Supreme Court and continue onward to La Moneda Palace (The Government House). Afterwards, we will stop by the oldest church in Chile, the San Francisco Church, and visit a handicraft market for souvenir shopping. At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to your hotel using the city’s modern Metro system for a real local experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, Av. Sta. María 1742, Santiago, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is beyond an 8 km radius from the city center, the meeting point is the Sheraton San Cristobal Hotel and Towers.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The cable car and funicular at San Cristobal Hill are closed on Mondays for maintenance.
- The order of sites visited may vary depending on your pick up location.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Museums are closed on Mondays.
- The summer months (December-March) are hot and sunny in Santiago with daytime temperatures rising to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. The total walking distance of this tour is around 5 to 6 miles. We encourage guests to wear comfortable walking shoes and to bring a hat and sunscreen.
- If you would like to explore the city from the comfort of your own private tour van with minimal walking, we recommend our "Private Santiago and Neighborhoods Tour: San Cristobal Hill & Artisan Village" (Viator/Trip Advisor Product Code: 101394P13), which sees many of the same downtown landmarks and goes beyond the city center, or our "Private Full-Day Santiago City and Wine Tour" (Viator/Trip Advisor Product Code: 101394P1), which also passes by the downtown landmarks and includes a visit to a nearby wine vineyard.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.