Private Thanlyin Full-Day Tour from Yangon with a Boat Trip
Visit the port city of Thanlyin (formerly known as Syriam), on a private day trip from Yangon. You'll explore the city and observe local life with a guide as you see sights such as Kyaik-Khauk Paya (aka Kyaikkhauk Pagoda) and take a boat ride to Kyauktan Ye Le Pagoda.
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Yangon
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Yangon, 339 Bo Gyoke Aung San Road, Yangon (Rangoon) 11182 Myanmar
Your driver and professional, English-speaking guide will pick you up around 8:00am from your hotel/airport/cruise terminal in Yangon. Excursion to start with a visit to explore the village of Thanlyin (Syriam), around 15km from Yangon. Thanlyin was one of the sites for oil refineries. The town's major attractions are the Kyauktan Island Pagoda, the Kyaik Khauk Pagoda in the river at Kyauktan Village, south of Thanlyin, as well as, some old colonial buildings dating back to the time when the city was under control of the British.
Take a boat ride for a few minutes to see Kyauktan Island Pagoda, which is set on a tiny island in the river, its glass mosaic decorations flashing in the sunlight. The temple was founded more than 2,000 years ago, at which time the pagoda was much smaller than it is today. The pagoda contains a magnificent, golden buddha image in a small intricately-decorated room. The temple complex contains several more richly-decorated structures with fine wood carvings and golden decorations topped with a multi-tiered roof called Pyatthat. The whole island is a temple complex, so you will have to take off your shoes and socks in the boat. You can carry them with you in a plastic bag if you want. The water around the small island is full of catfish waiting for food so enjoy feeding the fish around the island. Continue sightseeing around the Kyauktan Market where you can find many dry fish, local vegetable and fruit shops.
In the afternoon, visit Kyaik Khauk Pagoda which is a beautiful, impressive pagoda built more than 2,000 years ago, after which it has been enlarged and renovated many times. The base of the pagoda is surrounded by many small, golden stupas. The temple area is open to visitors; as in any Burmese temple, please remove shoes and socks. The pagoda is located on a small hill on Kyaik Khauk Pagoda Road heading towards Kyauktan in the southeast corner of Thanlyin Town. You will pass in front of the Japan Industrial Zone and Thilawa Port, which is now famous and the biggest port in Yangon.
Approximately at 4:00pm, you will drive back to your hotel/airport/port safely.
Duration: 1 day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel in Yangon
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.