Private tour to Coimbra and Aveiro
09H00 – Pick up at the hotel
• Departure from your hotel towards Coimbra – Academic City.
• Panoramic tour to the old School Square of the University of Coimbra, the Joanina Library , the Old Cathedral, the Santa Cruz Monastery, the Santa Clara-a-Velha, and Santa Clara-a-Nova.
• Departure towards Aveiro – the Portuguese “Venice”.
• Free time for lunch.
• Panoramic tour to the historic center of Aveiro – Train Station, Cathedral, Water Channels, Salines and Costa Nova.
18H00 – Arrival at the Hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hotel in Porto Center)
What's excluded :
- Monuments entrances;
- Having been the first capital of the kingdom of Portugal, Coimbra stands out for its historical, cultural and academic interest, being today the main Portuguese university center. As so, in 2013 UNESCO classified the University of Coimbra, Alta and Sofia as a World Heritage Site. In addition to this, it presents an urban environment that refers to different centuries and peoples, with a particular highlight to its remote Roman origins and a strong presence of the Moors. It is in the heart of this city that that lies the Santa Cruz Monastery, which holds the tombs of the first two kings of Portugal. In addition to the historical and cultural heritage, it’s also worth mentioning the natural heritage, since Coimbra is located on the banks of the Mondego River, the largest river that runs entirely through Portuguese territory.
Still in the center of Portugal, we go from the interior to the coast, towards Aveiro, a city nicknamed as the Portuguese "Venice". It was given such distinction due to the famous Ria (Lagoon), that goes into the center of the city through the charming channels where we can find the traditional Moliceiro boats. Having its roots in the sea, the city has its origins on an avid fishing community, still being proudly and fairly characterized by a people of the sea. Here we can find the salines of Portugal and one of the largest ceramic factories, now transformed into a cultural center. Through these lands go the rails of the famous railway station from the 19th century, having its facade decorated with illustrative tiles of the region. And not less important is the Cathedral, located next to the Aveiro Museum, which is housed in the former Convent of Jesus. Also, don’t miss the opportunity to visit Costa Nova, an area known not only for its privileged location between the sea and the estuary, but especially for its very famous typical houses with colorful stripes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.