Private Tour: Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan
The UNESCO-listed temples of Abu Simbel are among Nubia’s most spectacular, with monumental statues and elaborate carvings, but the sites are located far from the beaten path, near the Sudanese border. Visit Abu Simbel as a hassle-free day trip from Aswan, on a 9-hour private tour that includes entrance fees and transport by air-conditioned vehicle. Choose from several departure options at time of booking.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling chargeses
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
What's excluded :
- Begin with pickup at your Aswan hotel or Nile River cruise boat, then make the trip to Abu Simbel in a private car. Hear stories about life ancient Egypt as you drive through the southern desert, paralleling the path of the dammed Nile River.
Upon arrival in Abu Simbel, explore the archeological site with your guide: make your way to the Great Temple of Ramses II, which is dedicated to the powerful king and the gods Amun, Ra, and Ptah. Look inside the temple interior, which sinks 200 feet (60 mt) into the mountain, with statues and carvings that depict Ramses II’s military victories and captives.
Continue to the Temple of Hathor, a smaller temple dedicated to Ramses II’s most beloved wife, Queen Nefertari. Stand at the base of the six towering statues that line the temple façade, standing 33 feet (10 mt.) above their carved bases, and find stories about the royal couple inside the temple walls. After visiting the temple complex, make the return trip to Aswan, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel or cruise ship.
Departure Point :Aswan hotels, Nile cruise, airport, or train station
Departure Time :3:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport copy is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.