Ravenna Food Tour with Wine Tasting and Guided Sightseeing of Top Attractions
Our fully qualified English- speaking tour guide is an art and history expert as well as a good connoisseur of food traditions and wine tasting, during our 3-hours small group ( up to 14 people) walking tour you will be led at the discovery of the history and secrets of the city, you will talk to local food makers and taste their works.
Enjoy the beauty of the finest Byzantine mosaics of the: Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, Arian Baptistry, Basilica of Sant'Apollinare, Mausoleum of Theodoric, Basilica of San Vitale; just from the city centre you will enter the so called “silent area”:
While wandering the city marvel you will taste the most amazing local food: piadina with prosciutto and squacquerone (ham and fresh cheese); cappelletti, tagliatelle and passatelli; Brisighella oil; some local catch of the day, Teodora’s cake and much more!
All finely paired with regional wines, from the white Trebbiano to the red Sangiovese be sure you will taste all the best local wines.
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Pick up/ drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza del Popolo, 48121, Ravenna Italy
You will enjoy the main square "Piazza del Popolo"
Pass By: Dante's tomb and Quadrarco of Braccioforte, Via Dante Alighieri 9, 48121, Ravenna Italy
Ravenna is also the town where the Florentine poet Dante found shelter during his exile and where he wrote his Inferno. You will have a walk in the so-called Zona Dantesca (Dante's zone), an area dedicated to the great poet where silence is kept by the citizens of Ravenna to respect his memory. There we will visit Dante's tomb and the church of San Francesco where his funeral was held in 1321
Pass By: Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, Via San Vitale, 48121, Ravenna Italy
You will learn about the art of mosaics, an ancient craft that survived in workshops and artisan shops, did not originate in Ravenna but its greatest expression is to be found here. It was here that Christian iconology originated, a mixture of symbolism and realism, of Roman and Byzantine influence ( you will stop outside)
Pass By: Basilica San Vitale, Via San Vitale, 48121, Ravenna Italy
You will see ( just outside) the most relevant Byzantine church of the West
Pass By: Basilica di Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, Via di Roma 52, 48121, Ravenna Italy
You will then visit the Church of Sant' Apollinare Nuovo ( you will stop outside)
Pass By: Orange Tours and Trips, 48121, Ravenna Italy
Secret Ravenna Tours provides private and small group tours in Ravenna and the surrounding region with top-rated local guides.
Departure Point :Piazza del Popolo, P.za del Popolo, 48121 Ravenna RA, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please inform about food restriction or allergy
- This tour is not suitable for vegetarian diet, vegan, gluten- or dairy-free diets
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.