Reindeer Camp Dinner with Chance of Northern Lights in Tromso
The reindeer and the Sami have been living and working on this land for centuries and they have only recently invited guests to be part of their daily life. You will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the herd of around 300 wild reindeer who will swarm all around and some will even eat from your hands. You will then be invited for hot drinks around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (Traditional Sami Hut) where a relaxed three course meal will be served, including bidos cooked over the open fire (a traditional Sami stew).
After dinner you will be invited into a lavvu (Sami tent) and gather round the fire to listen to stories about Sami culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder. The Sami guide will also perform a joik (traditional Sami song) for the guests. If you are lucky and the sky is clear you will have a chance to see the northern lights above the reindeer camp.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off at designated meeting points
- Transport to camp
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of warm overalls
- Entry/Admission - Tromso Arctic Reindeer / Sami Arctic Reindeer
What's excluded :
- Anything not covered in Inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tromso, Tromsø, Norway
After meeting in front of the Radisson Blu Hotel take the bus for a 25-minute drive by the nice coast of Tromsø to arrive at the destination, the Sami camp, where the reindeer and the rest of our guides will be waiting for you.
Stop At: Tromso Arctic Reindeer / Sami Arctic Reindeer, Fv53 1570, 9022 Krokelvdalen, Norway
Travel out into the wilderness and walk among 300 reindeer (with the opportunity to feed them too). Afterwards, enter a candlelit Gamme to enjoy a relaxed three-course meal followed by the sounds of joiking (songs), Sami history and stories. On a clear night, you might be lucky enough to catch the majestic northern lights.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Tromso, Tromso, Troms, Northern Norway
Drive back to the city centre. The bus will stop at the same place where you met our guides at the beginning of the tour.
Departure Point :Sjøgata 7, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to bring or wear: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves, hat, and good winter boots
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian option available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.