Self-Guided Kayaking Manatee and Dolphin Tour
A1A Beach Rentals is the area leader specializing in do-it-yourself wildlife kayak tours and other water sports throughout Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. We deliver kayaks and everything necessary to go kayaking to the launch site where we'll meet with you to discuss your route, sights, options and more. We'll help get you off and going, and pick everything up when you return. Fantastic option for anyone who's kayaked previously. Enjoy relaxed manatee and dolphin viewing as well as other marine wildlife at your pace, paddling where and how you wish, with the privacy of you and your group.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
What's excluded :
- Starter Guide Gratuities (recommended)
- After scheduling your outing and receiving directions to the launch area, we'll meet you on site at the scheduled time to greet you and get the kayaks and equipment to the water's edge ready for you to go. There will be parking on site, or you can arrange for shuttle/taxi service. All kayak trips begin and end at the same location, so parking on site is a breeze. At this time, we'll discuss your possible paddling routes, what to expect and see, and how to go about your trip, covering kayaking basics, safety, weather, and anything else you or we feel inclined to discuss to make you as comfortable as possible before you embark on your outing.
Once out on the water, you and your group will enjoy complete tranquility and freedom as you paddle wherever you wish, do whatever you want to do, and enjoy yourselves. Our waters are calm, more like a lake, even though it is a marine environment. There are no major tidal fluctuations or currents that you will have to manage. Typically, it will be just your group for your specific launch, but we do occasionally book multiple groups at the same launch at the same time. This will not affect you though as you are completely independent from any other group of paddlers.
Our 1/2 day outings are valid for up to 3.5 hours, unless other arrangements have been made. This means you may paddle as much or as little as you wish. For example, a typical 1/2 day trip runs about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. It doesn't matter to us as long as the maximum time is not exceeded. While kayaking, be on the lookout for wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, marine turtles, shore birds, fish-eating raptors, jumping fish, otters and more. When you return, we may not be on site if you arrive back at the launch early. Do not fret, simply call us letting us know of your return, and we'll send someone down immediately. Although we prefer to meet with you at the end of your trip, you are not required to wait for us. Sometimes, we are backed up with other deliveries and it may be a few extra minutes before we can get there. In this case, we'll let you know over the phone when you call, and you can simply pull the kayaks and gear to a safe spot out of the water where we will pick them up. Its that simple.
What to bring:
Shoes that can get wet
Clothes that can get wet from the waist down
Sun protection - hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, SPF clothing
Drinks/snacks if you wish
Change of clothes/towels to leave in your car
Dry bag for phone/electronics/key fob (we sell these also)
Departure Point :1: Puerto Del Rio Drive, Puerto Del Rio Dr, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920, USA
2: Cocoa Beach, Cocoa Beach, Brevard County, Florida
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.