Skip-the-line Vatican Tour with Michelangelo' Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Church
This amazing half-day tour allows you to experience the artistic and architectural gems of the Vatican in the company of a top-rated, expert guide. With pre-booked tickets you’ll avoid the long queues of tourists and begin exploring. The tour will include the Vatican’s large collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues, Raphael’s Rooms, the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps, the Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica and Square and much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- skip the line tickets
- local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
This tour of the Vatican highlights ensures that you’ll see the most impressive masterpieces of art and architecture that the Vatican has to offer. You’ll meet your guide at the entrance to the Museums and, with pre-booked tickets you’ll avoid the queues and head straight inside. You will be able to leave your belongings in the cloakroom and take a comfort break before starting the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The ’must see’ stop on any Vatican tour is the renowned Sistine Chapel, the most visited attraction in Italy. You’ll discover more about Michelangelo’s frescoes - The Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis - and some details of the Stories of Moses and Jesus painted by Botticelli, Perugino and other well-known Renaissance artists. The Sistine Chapel is still used today for the papal election, known as Conclave. Your guide will also share some fascinating anecdotes and little-known secrets about this intriguing place.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends with a visit to the most important Catholic Church in the world; the imposing Saint Peter’s Basilica. The Basilica is home to another of Michelangelo’s masterpieces, La Pietà, which you will have the chance to view, as well as learn more about the architecture and the rituals of the Basilica. You will also see the tombs of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square where you’ll see Bernini’s famous statues and the chimney where the white smoke appears, to inform the world that a new Pope has been elected. After a few final anecdotes your guide will say goodbye and you’ll be free to wander around this enormous square.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.