South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik with Snowmobile Adventure
Join this guided day tour of the south coast, that combines sightseeing and action. Included in the tour is a 1 hour thrilling snowmobile trip on Mýrdalsjökull glacier, an icecap perched atop Katla, one of Iceland's largest volcanoes. You will also drive across the packed snow and ice of the glacier while enjoying the fantastic view from the top. Enjoy complimentary hotel pick up and drop off with this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from major hotels, ports and designated meeting points
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide on snowmobile tour
- 1 hour snowmobile tour, with two persons sharing
- Insulated coverall, helmet and balaclava during snowmobile tour
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Myrdalsjokull Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
The first stop of the tour will be at Skógafoss, a 60 metre tall and 25 metre wide waterfall.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Volcano Eyjafjallajokull, Selfoss Iceland
Iceland's most notorious volcano, which became world famous in 2010 during it's last eruption
Pass By: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
One of the most visited (and easily accessible) glaciers in Iceland
Stop At: Myrdalsjokull Glacier, Vík í Mýrdal, Vik Iceland
Continue towards the glacier, for an action-packed hourlong snowmobile tour. We take a tricked-out glacier truck part of the way up the icecap of Mýrdalsjökull. Mýrdalsjökull is a large glacier, and underneath the ice is the notorious volcano Katla. We drive our snowmobiles the rest of the way to the summit, for some eye-popping views and unforgettable photographs. This is a great tour for those looking for a sensational way to see the country: driving a snowmobile on top of a glacier on top of a volcano.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
On the way back we will stop at Seljalandsfoss, one of the South Coast's most prominent waterfalls. Walking behind the waterfall and feeling the mist from the cascading water on your skin is a perfect ending to this South Coast adventure, before returning to Reykjavik in the evening.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports.Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.Ports
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- A valid drivers license is required to operate the snowmobile
- Price is based on two persons sharing a snowmobile, extra charge applies for solo riders
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.