Stanmore Circular Private Walking Tour
This tour is perfect for both local Londoners who want a few hours out of the house and away from the crowds but also for foreign visitors who want just a taste of the beautiful English countryside & see some picturesque village scenes ...in London but a 'village' where the locals live.
Stanmore is right at the edge of the London Underground and this area has been important for thousands of years. We will visit prehistoric sites and Roman battlefields, see the oldest Oak tree in London and visit a WW2 Pillbox next to the old RAF HQ during the Battle of Britain.
Visit the home of a famous Prime Minister and explore what even Victorians said were the largest and most beautiful ruins in London.
It's hard to imagine as we explore the beautiful streets and woods, fields and lakes that we are still in London albeit where Highwaymen lived and Victorians and Edwardians who changed the world.
Near the end from 500 feet up, you'll enjoy a 40 mile view & see London as never before.
What's included :
- Entrance Bernays Gardens
- Entrance St. John's Church
- Entrance Bentley Priory Open Space
- Entrance to Stanmore Common and Open Space
- Entry/Admission - Bernays gardens
- Entry/Admission - St John's Church
- Entry/Admission - Bentley Priory Museum
What's excluded :
Stop At: Bernays gardens, Old Church Lane Church Road, Stanmore HA7 2QX England
Bernays Gardens is located on what was once part of the grounds of a large house called Manor House.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St John's Church, 1 Uxbridge Road, Stanmore HA7 3LD England
We will visit the grave of a famous Victorian here and admire the beautiful village church. Just a short walk across the graveyard we will explore the remains of the old church and hear how it ended up in ruins.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bentley Priory Museum, Mus9eum Bentley Priory Mansion House Drive, Stanmore HA7 3FB England
Not the museum but the park. We will see Queen Adelaide's Lake, The Master Oak (the oldest and greatest Oak tree in North London), a WW2 Pillbox and the rear of old RAF Bentley Priory, HQ during The Battle of Britain
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Stanmore, Stanmore, Greater London, England
We will visit Grim's Dyke prehistoric earth works that dates up to 300BC. Visit the site of a British victory over the Romans and seethe location an old Roman settlement. We will visit the outside of great manor houses including the founder of BP and the home of Charles Fortnum (you might know his famous shop). Explore the old village at Little Common with the old brewery and lakes dug by Caesar and Queen Boudica. Hear about how the main road was the home to dangerous highwaymen and later a tragic Edwardian explorer. As we return to Stanmore Station if the weather is fair then you'll see the most amazing view of over 40 miles of London and many famous sights as you've never seen them before. And all without crowds and tourists :-)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Stanmore Station, Stanmore HA7 4PD, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/16/2020 - 9/28/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||10:30 AM - 12:00 PM|
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- We have earmarked this tour as especially safe during the Coronavirus outbreak due to generally quiet places that we visit where social distancing is generally not a problem. All of our tours are private so it is just you/your family and your guide. To make it easier and safer for all concerned we would suggest starting this tour a little later than the usual time, perhaps around 10.30-11am which allows us all to miss rush-hour. (There is plenty of local car parking too). Please feel free to wear masks throughout or at times during the tour. Your guide will also have a mask with them.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Your guide and yourself are welcome to wear face masks and we will keep to the UK law regarding social distancing.