Strategic Missile Forces Museum Private Tour
Tour to the Strategic Missile Forces Museum – the only museum in the world, established on the basis of a real strategic missile forces base. Secret object until 1999.
After the collapse of the USSR, Ukraine inherited 176 intercontinental ballistic missiles. Almost half of them were located on a secret base near the city of Pervomaisk. Each of these missiles could reach the USA and carried a nuclear charge, which was ten times greater than the bombs that had destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Until the end of the 1990s, it was impossible to get to the base territory guarded by radiolocation detection system, 3,000 volts of electricity, a minefield and soldiers with machine guns.
Since 2001, things changed greatly as the missile forces base has become a unique museum. Now you can visit it by ordering our tour from Kyiv.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- local guide
- excursion to military base
- entrance fee
- hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Strategic Missile Forces Museum
What's excluded :
- Tank driving
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strategic Missile Forces Museum, Pobuz'ke Ukraine
STRATEGIC MISSILE FORCES MUSEUM PRIVATE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
A REAL MISSILE FORCES BASE
- A silo-based missile launcher – the only one left in Ukraine;
- 40 meters deep underground unified command post (UCP). It’s defensive constructions are able to withstand a direct hit by a nuclear warhead;
- 3 meters deep underground passages connecting the base units.
BALLISTIC MISSILES AND THEIR COMPONENTS
- SS-18 “Satan”. Weight 211 tons, length 34 meters, operating range 15,000 km.;
- SS-4 «Sandal» (Р-12) – operating range up to 2,000 km. The deployment of these missiles in Cuba in 1962 provoked the Caribbean crisis.
- Various combat missile parts and components.
"RED" BUTTON AND UCP
Visit the very heart of the strategic missile forces base – its command post, and you will see where the whole nuclear arsenal was commanded from. Former base officers, who now conduct excursions there, will show you the “red” button – the missile launcher console (in fact, it was necessary to simultaneously press two buttons and turn the keys to end the civilisation as we know it).
REAL TANK RIDING (Optional)
Once this tank guarded a secret missile base, and today you have a unique opportunity to ride it.
At a military training ground next to the Strategic Missile Forces Museum, you can have a ride in the T-62 tank cockpit and feel the mighty power of the 700 hp engine.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
any place on request
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.